providing a voice for the LGBTQA+ community
in the greater Houston area.
SLAGH is Houston’s local LGBTQA+ bar association. We are a professional association of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and ally attorneys, judges, paralegals, and law students providing a diverse and inclusive legal presence. With your help, SLAGH will continue to be the leading organization of legal professionals providing a voice for the LGBTQA+ community in the greater Houston area.
- encourage and fight for the recognition of all civil and human rights,
- work to ensure the fair and just treatment of all members of the LGBTQA+ community,
- promote awareness of and sensitivity to the legal issues faced by the LGBTQA+ community and those living with HIV,
- build alliances with other minority bar associations and legal organizations to further the diverse and inclusive nature of the Houston legal community, and
- provide opportunities for LGBTQA+ attorneys, judges, law students, and allies to interact in a professional setting, and
- enhance the practice and professional expertise of lawyers who serve or are members of the LGBTQA+ community.
SLAGH offers a variety of continuing legal education (CLE) presentations throughout the year, as well as several community volunteer opportunities. We are currently planning our next event. If you have any suggestions for a future CLE or event, please let us know. Email us with your suggestions.
Recognizing that positive accomplishments are vital to the success of the LGBTQ+ community as a whole, SLAGH invites Houston’s 3Ls and recent graduates to apply for the Debra Hunt Emerging Leader Award.